Oh hello I’m back. Let’s start my first post with a recipe. Yay! I’ve been enjoying baking recently and this chocolate chips cookies is our family’s favourite. It’s very easy (I can only deal with the easy ones, to be honest) and delicious! Chewy, fudgy and not too sweet. Just the right amount! I’ve always baked this with Abigail and I’m proud she’s quite a pro now. Haha.. I also posted a few times on Instagram and a lot friends were asking for the recipes. So I thought it’s just right to share it here.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- To a microwave-safe bowl, heat the unsalted butter to melt, about 1 minute. Wait until it cools a bit.
- Add egg, light brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla. Whisk!
- Add flour, cornstarch, bakings soda and salt. Mix them together.
- Add the chocolate chip and stir.
- Take about 1 tbsp of dough for each cookies, roll them into ball. Or you can also scoop it with ice cream scoop and flatten a little bit.
- Arrange all the cookies doughs to a large tray (lined the tray with baking sheet).
- Bake for 10 mins (don’t overbake). Allow them to cool for a while on the baking sheet.
- Cookies are ready to serve!
- In order to get chewy result, don’t overbake! Even if the cookies are slightly undercooked, pale and glossy in the centre. The will firm up as they cool.
- If there is still some leftover dough, you can store it in an airtight plastic, and put it in the refrigerator (or freezer for longer time).